A classic Pizza is not really suitable for a healthy, low carb diet. Still, Pizza is so delicious – you don’t want to miss it. There is actually a solution for this with our low carb pizza recipe. The pizza doesn’t contain any wheat and you can easily bake it at home.
Pizza base made of cauliflower
Preparation time: about 30 min. / baking time: 30 min.
Ingredients (for 2 Pizzas)
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 200 g almonds flour
- 3 tbsp yeast (optional)
- Tomato puree
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves
- Pizza herbs
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Toppings as you like
Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Clean the cauliflower from the stalk and leaves and cut it into small pieces. Afterwards, grind it in a food processor. Use a cheesecloth to squeeze the liquid out of the cauliflower till it’s quite dry.
- Mix everything with eggs, almond flour, yeast, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray that is covered with backing paper. Now put it in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until it is slightly brown.
- In the meantime, mix the tomato puree, garlic, oregano, pizza herbs, salt and pepper and cook it for about 10 minutes. Add some balsamic vinegar if you like.
- Cover the pizza base with the sauce and add your favorite toppings. It tastes great with fresh veggies, feta cheese, tofu and fresh herbs. Now, bake it for another 7-10 minutes until it is well done!